Department of Computer Science and Technology &
Institute for Artificial Intelligence &
Beijing National Research Center of Information Science and Technology
Beijing, 100084 China
- Bioinformatics and Health Informatics
- Algorithm Analysis and Machine Learning
- Ph.D. (1997), Computer Science, Stony Brook University.
- B.E. (1993), Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University.
- Professor (Present), Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University
- Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor (2000-2016), Department of Biological Sciences and Department of Computer Science, University of Southern California (USC), USA.
- Lecturer (1997-2000), Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, USA.
- Guest Research Associate (1995-1998), Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA.
Position and Committee
- Director, Center for Big Data Research in Health and Medicine, Institute of Data Science, Tsinghua University, 2016-Present.
- Acting Head of Computational Biology (Department Chair), USC, 2013
- Chair of Faculty Search Committee, 2012-2013.
- USC High Performance Computing Committee, 2007-2013.
- Director of Graduate Program, PhD program in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 2006-2012.
- USC College Biology Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, 2007-2013
- USC Clinical Translational Science Institute (CTSI): Computational Biology Advisory Committee, 2007-2013.
- USC College Faculty Council, 2005-2006.
2004 Sloan Research Fellowship